Artstate Wagga Wagga
Regional Arts NSW
- Strategy Development
- Social Media
- Stakeholder Relations
- Advertising & Content Marketing
Artstate is a four-year project by Regional Arts NSW that shines a light on arts excellence in regional NSW and explores exciting possibilities for arts and cultural development across the state.
Held over four-days, Artstate is a multi-facet and hybrid arts festival and conference that is tailored to address annual themes and feature arts and cultural activity that is reflective of the local Indigenous cultural and hosting region.
Artstate Wagga Wagga was held in November 2020 and was the final iteration of the four-year program, and the second Artstate event that C7EVEN had facilitate the PR and communication for.
Despite the many challenges faced in 2020 with event cancellation, social distancing and lock downs, Artstate was adapted to proceed as a fully COVID-safe event. C7EVEN worked collaboratively as a member of the Artstate Production team to help re-create the event to abide with the COVID-19 climate.
We were tasked with delivering clear and strategic communications to key stakeholders, media and all attending delegates to ensure the safety of all involved in the event.
Online ticket sales
Social Media Reach
C7EVEN was engaged by Regional Arts NSW to develop and implement an integrated communications plan for Artstate, including stakeholder relations, media relations and direct attendee relations.
To abide by enforced COVID-safety measures, the fourth and final Artstate was delivered far differently from what we had envisaged and the following practices were implemented:
- Pre-registration to all events and crowd contact tracing implemented
- Restricted number of physical attendees
- Online delivery and the introduction of live-streaming the entire conference and key elements of the arts festival
C7EVEN’s key responsibilities were to:
- Liaise with and coordinate consistent communications activity with the events key stakeholders which including Wagga Wagga City Council, Eastern Riverina Arts and Create NSW
- Deliver clear and strategic communication to the arts community about the event and readily advise of event updates
- Develop communication that drove both physical and online ticket sales for the event
- Manage Artstate owned channels include website updates and all social media communications
- Develop and facilitate the exclusive media partnership between ABC Riverina and Artstate Wagga Wagga
The campaign generated strong media coverage and the event was widely discussed and attended by the arts community.
A sell-out event (physical event attendance and abiding with COVID-19 number restrictions which was 172 registered delegates)
85 online ticket sales
Over 150 individual media mentions within traditional, national, state-wide, regional and local media outlets, with key pieces of coverage being featured on:
- ABC National News
- ABC State-wide Radio
- Sydney Morning Herald
- Triple M regional
Social media reach across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram was in excess of 50,000 with more than 1,000 individual mentions of Artstate and Artstate Wagga across all platforms.
*Image credit: Regional Arts NSW
Get in Touch
Have a project you'd like to discuss? Simply fill in the form below and one of our team members will be in touch. If you have something more urgent then call us on 1300 C7EVEN.