Tamworth Country Music Festival – 2022 PR & Comms
Tamworth Regional Council
- Public relations and strategic communications
- Social media and influencer management
- Event management
- Editorial and copywriting
- Sponsorship activation
To promote and publicise Australia’s largest music festival – the Tamworth Country Music Festival, in its 50th anniversary year, by showcasing the artists, the fans, the city and key opportunities during the event. And to highlight the history and significance of the festival to Australia’s country music industry.
Held annually in Tamworth, NSW, Tamworth Regional Council has engaged C7EVEN to oversee and execute a public relations strategy and manage media coverage of the 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 events.
To gain positive regional, state and national media coverage, increase awareness and propensity for people to attend the Tamworth Country Music Festival and raise the profile of the event.
The campaign led by C7EVEN’s expert PR team achieved exceptional results including:
- 22.5K media mentions
- Development and launch of a 50th anniversary commemorative 50c coin with The Royal Australian Mint – selling out in less than one day
- TCMF 50 years postal numismatic cover development and launch in conjunction with Australia Post and The Royal Australian Mint, with online stocks selling out
- 231M reach in a country of 25.75M people
- 4,495% ROI
- 69% Share Of Voice (SOV) for TCMF, 25% Golden Guitar Awards, 7% Toyota Star Maker
- $5.1M advertising value equivalent – $4,945M gain
- Print and online coverage in major national newspapers
- Television coverage on national breakfast news programs
- Coverage in national radio programs
Television coverage on national breakfast news program
Print and online coverage in major national newspapers
Coverage in national radio programs
Development and launch of a 50th anniversary commemorative 50c coin with the Royal Australian Mint
$5.1M advertising value equivalent – $4,945M gain
Return on Investment
Share of Voice
69% SOV for TCMF, 25% Golden Guitar Awards, 7% Toyota Star Maker
231M reach in a country of 25.75M people
22.5K media mentions
The Public Relations Strategy for 2022 focussed on developing key messages and themes to showcase the growth and success of the Festival over the past 50 years, while building excitement and anticipation for the next 50.
The strategy targeted young families aged 25-45 years, music enthusiasts and party-goers aged 18-30 years, and adventurers aged 30-60 years to encourage them to attend the Festival, while maintaining interest within the primary audiences of grey nomads and ‘rusted on’ country music fans.
Due to TCMF2022 being postponed as a result of COVID-19 restrictions, the strategy’s key messaging quickly pivoted to cement Tamworth’s reputation as the home of country music in Australia. The challenge was to encourage fans, artists and visitors to attend and experience everything this unique event has to offer, despite the change in date, through traditional media, digital influencers and owned channels.
C7EVEN’s key responsibilities included:
- Developing a PR strategy and media campaign to encourage visitation to 50th Tamworth Country Music Festival
- Promote and showcase artists, events and ticket sales
- Work directly with Tamworth Regional Council’s marketing and communications team
- Deliver clear and consistent communication across all media channels
- Engage with social media influencers to communicate key messages and raise the profile of the event
- Manage event media accreditation
- Manage and arrange media opportunities for sponsors
- Sponsorship activation
- Red carpet event management at The Country Music Awards of Australia – the Golden Guitars
C7EVEN’s strategy focussed on:
A combination of long and short lead opportunities, combined with in-Festival events to craft media angles that paid homage to the history of the Festival, highlighted the stories and success of artists, detailed the evolution of the Festival and paid tribute to the fans – longstanding and new, the friends made, the memories created, and the experiences shared.
Get in Touch
Have a project you'd like to discuss? Simply fill in the form below and one of our team members will be in touch. If you have something more urgent then call us on 1300 C7EVEN.